Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?!
It’s football season and we are all excited to see the boys in black and gold back in the Caesars Superdome. There is nothing like a Saints Sunday in New Orleans. The city is buzzing. Everyone has on their best black and gold. Saints football season is just a fun time in New Orleans. Here are few fun and safe places to catch the game if you can’t make it into the Dome and what you should know if you are heading into the Superdome on game day.
Places to catch the game:
- Manning’s on Fulton knows football. I mean it’s named after one of the most famous football families in Louisiana. There are some great memorabilia from the Manning Family. Over 30 TV’s, stadium seating, plenty of outdoor seating, and great food. A great place to watch the game if you can’t make it to the game.
- Lucy’s Retired Surfer Bar and Restaurant is another prime spot in the Warehouse District to watch the game. You can even get a cocktail with a shark in it (perfect for that insta post)! They offer indoor and outdoor seating with menus for adults and kids. Saints players have even stopped by Lucy’s after the game. Here is a video of Drew Brees teaching the Lucy’s crowd the pre-game Saints chant.
- Po-Boy’s, oysters, beer, and football equals: Cooter Browns. Located at the end of S. Carrollton in the River Bend Cooter Browns offers plenty of space for you and your krewe to enjoy the Saints play. Huge TV’s, 38 different taps, and 48 rotating craft beers to choose from. Patrons must be 21 and older to enjoy Cooter Browns.
Know before you go to the Superdome:
Lucky you! You scored tickets to the Saints game! Here’s what you should know-
- Head to the game early and enjoy Champions Square. Champions Square opens 3 hours prior to the game with entertainment and concessions. Champions Square is an outdoor space right outside Caesars Superdome. This is a great way to get fired up before the game. Make sure to save your screaming voice for inside the dome to cheer on the Black and Gold!
- Mandates & Guidelines: COVID-19 is still a huge part of our lives, but New Orleans is adapting. The State of Louisiana and The City of New Orleans have implemented these mandates to keep us all safe. Here is what you need to know if you are planning to watch the game at the Caesars Superdome.
- The Louisiana mask mandate requires those that are 5 years old and older to wear a mask indoors.
- The City of New Orleans requires all patrons 12 and older to provide proof of vaccination or a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours if they would like to access indoor dining, indoor fitness centers, indoor entertainment and performance spaces, large outdoor events. This also includes Saints games.
We are glad the city of New Orleans, its residents, and visitors are doing everything they can to stay safe during the pandemic while maintaining our culture. We’re excited for the Saints Football season and all the fall festivities in our future. The ACCENT New Orleans team is here for you and can help you plan safe and successful activities this season and beyond!